Information for The Sewing Shed Retreat- Tralee - 2022
We cannot wait for this event to start and to see you all !! This is the highlight of our Autumn, and we cannot wait to get sewing with you.
Arrival and set up from 12.30 pm on Wed 2nd November- Sewing until Sunday 6th November at 12 noon.
- What to bring? ( apart from your packed suitcase)
- Sewing machine, sewing kit, cutter, ruler etc...
- Projects to sew if your not doing the retreat project
- If you have a small dustpan and brush, please bring to tidy your station after sewing, also a bag to keep rubbish will be useful
- Extension lead.
- Snacks....don't forget the snacks.
- Headphones if you wish to listen to music ( This might sound odd, but if people play music while sewing there may be someone in the room with auditory sensory issues and are too embarrassed to say anything, this has happened before at a retreat so we recommend earphones to solve this issue)
The balance can be paid to me by bank transfer, cheque or postal order or directly to the hotel. Please advise when you are making the final payment.
The hotel is the Meadowlands Hotel in Tralee. 066 718 0444. If you have not yet paid your balance on the room then can you contact them on this number.
The restaurant in the hotel is fabulous and they do lunch and dinner, but there are other fabulous food places if you fancy a venture out. There are some lovely shops in Tralee if you want to walk into the town.
The Meadow Quilt
APPROX SIZE 60 X 70
We have these charm packs, but we also have other colour schemes, and we also have this quilt made with our stunning Christmas charm packs.
Let us know if you require a kit made up, ill be adding the pictures of the Christmas version really soon.
TO MAKE THIS SIZE OF QUILT YOU WILL NEED
Two charm packs. ( One pack makes three blocks, so if you want to make it bigger with 9 blocks you will need 3 charm packs.
- Background 2 metres ( add another metre if you are using 3 charm packs.
- Binding half a metre
- Thread for sewing
- Board, ruler and cutter
- Sewing machine
also bring what you think you might need!
If you want to make your own project, or what to bring another project to work on then that's also fine.
If you have any questions or you need a lift from the station please let me know
The quilt was photographed in Loop head lighthouse, where they very kindly let me use some of the rooms to take photographs.